Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Chapter 3: I am a bath person


I mean...just LOOK at it...beckoning to you...and your wine glass.

I've learned over the course of my life that some people just aren't bath people. Me? I am a bath person. I can see the thinking behind not being a bath person for purposes of getting clean. But for purposes of relaxing, and warming up in the winter, and soaking your sore body, and listening to NPR while you eat yogurt, and having a great excuse to tell people to leave you alone...I'm ALL about a bath.

That's why this purchase spoke to me, even though it tiptoed right outside my "try to keep it under $40" threshold. I was probably more anxious for this one to arrive than any others so far. I was downright giddy about it. And then I had the horrible thought: what if I'm disappointed in it? I need to dial back my giddiness lest I be let down!

Well, great land o' Goshen, this thing turns out to be everything I hoped for...and more!

First, it's adjustable width, and it can go big. Which is good, because we have a weirdly big bathtub. And it's bamboo, so it's made to stand up to splashing and such.

And oh, by the way, it has a super-secure wine glass holder...that's right, A WINE GLASS HOLDER. You just slide your wine glass right into this nifty little spot designed just specifically to hold your wine glass. Genius.

And there's a slot for your phone. Because obviously you NEED your phone in the bathtub. Because you have your bluetooth speaker over there on the counter and you need to be able to skip any tracks that harsh your bathtub mellow. Lucky for you, your phone is right. there.

And there's a spot that I think is probably for a candle. But guess what? It's perfectly sized to hold a wine bottle! Yup, that's right -- a bottle of wine fits right in that sucker. Also, and just as awesome: I have a snack bowl that also fits in it perfectly, so you fill that sucker up with some chocolate covered almonds and hop in the bath and BOOM, your life just got better.

And, the pièce de résistance: this thing has a stand for your iPad or lightweight laptop so you can watch Netflix while you soak! HELL! YES!


Yes, I spent a little more on this one than my daily limit, but I can't tell you how much I love this dumb thing. I weep for all the baths I took over the years that could have been So. Much. More. Awesome.

If you need me...you now know where to find me.

PS: Someone in this house rolled their eyes a lot when the bath caddy arrived. But now, someone in this house is under the weather and spending significant time soaking in the bath and wouldn't you know it: now he thinks this thing is pretty damn cool. Told ya so.

No comments:

Post a Comment